ebook: Empowering Machine Builders for Virtual Factory Acceptance
Essential Requirements for Machine Builders
Manufacturers have essential requirements for their machine builders.
- The flexibility of a machine’s design can be demonstrated through simulations. In the event of subsequent retrofits, feasibility is easily verified
- Production of quality parts and capabilities for predictive maintenance are confirmed
- Operator training can be accomplished proactively, prior to the machine’s
Four Main Reasons Machine Builders are using Digital Twins
- Eliminating errors: This clearly resonates from an automation standpoint.
- Sequencing of operations: A better-quality machine results from improved communications among mechanical, electrical and automation engineering departments.
- Training: With a virtual HMI, virtual PLC and digital twin, operators can be trained before the machine is built.
- Validation and documentation: For the end-user, a virtual factory acceptance test provides validation. Moreover, at handover, clients want more than just 2D or 3D diagrams and a Word document describing how the machine runs. They want to have the tools that were used to execute the machine design and sequencing and therefore have a better understanding of how the machine will run.