The Digital Transformation Guide for Aerospace Suppliers
Developing and delivering products as a smaller aerospace supplier is no easy feat. Contractors are passing more system-level work, and increasing complexity, down the supply chain. With fewer contracts to go around, more companies are chasing less work. Add to that the need to comply with ever changing regulations and compliance processes, and growing complexity can mean growing headaches for you.How can Digital Transformation help? The definition and management of a holistic, digital definition of the product and the execution and automation of digital processes can help your company, regardless of its size, succeed in a competitive global market.This analyst report, released by industry expert Lifecycle Insights, is a comprehensive digitalization guide for aerospace suppliers. Compare product development processes run with traditional approaches with those converted by a Digital Transformation initiative. Then map your path to success.Download the free analyst report today!
Each section compares traditional digital transformation approaches to progressive ones for a specific phase in aerospace product development.
- Driver of Strategic Change offers an overview of trends driving aerospace suppliers to modernize their development processes with Digital Transformation initiatives.
- Costing, Pricing, and Quoting contrasts traditional and progressive approaches to executing this long-standing internal process.
- Concept Design and System Architecture looks at the earliest stages of development, analyzing traditional and progressive approaches.
- Detailed Design, Verification, and Validation details how Digital Transformation efforts can upgrade design procedures and processes.
- Manufacturing Planning and Preparation focuses on the use of engineering documentation to develop new deliverables for the production process.
- Summary and Recommendations recounts the major takeaways from this report and supplies recommendations for organizations moving forward with a Digital Transformation initiative.
Many issues make it more difficult for smaller aerospace suppliers to succeed today. Digital Transformation initiatives offer a path to counter those issues.Read it now!
Digital Transformation for Aerospace Companies
Solid Edge for Aerospace Supply Chain Companies helps you bring new concepts to market faster, meet regulatory pressures and deliver products with best-in-class performance characteristics. Solid Edge creates 3D digital models of your products, which can be used throughout the product development lifecycle—from concept design to virtual prototyping through to manufacturing. Also known as “digital twins,” these models are digital representations of your product. Digitalization enables optimization of both the product development process and the final product.